Thursday, October 29, 2015

Professional verus Amateur Photography

I consider myself to be an amateur photographer (if that). I started thinking what actually distinguishes a person from being an amateur photographer and a professional photographer. I consider a professional photographer to be someone who can make a profit off of their work. I looked at an article online and the web page agreed with me. However, they also presented arguments in the ability to take excellent photography makes an individual a professional photographer. An argument that they posted was "the hallmark of a true professional photographer is the ability to deliver a great photograph anytime, anywhere." To support this, they brought up examples of amateur photographers creating great photos and professional photographers producing poor quality photographs.  Although I don't support this argument, it is still something to think about.

http://www.diyphotography.net/pros-vs-joes-difference-between-amateur-and-professional-photographers/

No comments:

Post a Comment